"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My nursing mentor


Most of us have mentors: Marriage mentors. Spiritual mentors. Mentors on the job. We have people we look up to and think, "I'd like to be like that someday." This is Hargant. She is my nursing mentor. Here's why: She is smart. She has 20+ years of experience as a nurse and it shows. Each day that I get to work and find out she is working with me I say a silent "Yes!" in my head because I know if I ever have a question or am in need of help she's ready with an answer or a helping hand. She is incredibly kind. She loves people. She prays. She speaks words that encourage her co-workers and patients. I can't help it. I think, "This is the kind of nurse I aspire to be." I was so happy when she agreed to take a picture with me for my blog. Yay for nursing mentors who take new nurses under their wings! :)

No comments: