"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A very important ring...

After losing our baby I was trying to think of what I needed when it came to healing. My friends Helen and Vanessa gave me a beautiful scrap book and I filled it up fast with journal entries, cards and pictures. I'm really happy with it. More than anything it tells the story of a spiritual journey in my life and God's goodness in the midst of pain. So anyway I was looking up ideas on-line about healing. Came across one than appealed to me: Buy a ring with what would have been your baby's birth stone. Perfect.
So I'm laying in bed that night talking to God and a sweet thought occurred to me: My baby will never experience pain or evil. So I thanked God for that. The thought amazed me- that my baby was made purely for His glory and would only know the goodness of God. Next day I had a great and healing chat with Justin Pardee and later that day he had Lindy (his wife) text me a verse that he had been trying to remember while we were talking. It's Ecc 4:3. It says, "And most fortunate of all are those who were never born. For they have never seen all the evil that is done in our world." (NLT) See how crazy good God is? He even had a verse that went along with what I had talked with Him about the night before. So, the ring: My baby's birthstone and the reference for the verse engraved on the inside. I love it. It's special to me and makes me smile. Random facts: I had it custom made and I wear a size 4. :)

3 comments:

Angie Funches said...

Very nice! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

My iddy biddy friend, size 4?...I love that you got this ring, what a special way to remember him and what has happened over this last month. I am glad that you can rejoice in that truth!

love you,
V

whittakerwoman said...

So sweet! I am so happy you are surrounded by love!H