"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sentimental

My grandma called a week ago and asked if I wanted a bassinet that has been in our family for years. My mom slept in this baby :) She informed me that my sisters didn't ever want to use it because it was "ugly". She made it clear her feelings would be hurt in no way if I too decided I didn't like it. So out she drove from Pasadena today. As we stood assessing this item in the driveway today I could see Eddie's face. It said, "Please do not say you like it. Please do not say you want it." But out came those words: "I like it. I want it." Okay, so I like it because it's been in our family for years. It's sort of funny to look at, and I'm not sure it's even practical. But knowing the history behind it, I just couldn't resist. I promised Eddie we could return it to Grandma the second we find that I'm really not using it (Which Eddie is not convinced I will :) ) He thinks it's funny that I couldn't resist a bassinet just because of "history and sentimental value". I think it's funny that sentiment and history wouldn't win him over. Guess we're different :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I love it!!

cyndi said...

Its vintage and ADORABLE!! Go you!