"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

Thursday, June 24, 2010

33 weeks


He's growing, my book says "packing on 8 oz a week! I started having some contractions this week. Ended up going to the hospital because they said I had to in case it was pre-term labor. I thought it was just "cramps", but turns out those "cramps" were contractions, so they checked me and I wasn't dilating at all. Just contracting every 20-30 minutes. But they put me off work, which I'm really glad for. I was envisioning my patients calling me and me being like, "Hang on a sec. I'm having a contraction. Can you wait to use the bedpan for like a minute?" Something seemed slightly wrong about that to me. I kept having to stop the other day at work because they would come and go, but I didn't know they were contractions. I don't mind Josiah coming early, but I did give him a pep-talk about waiting until 36 weeks at least. It is comforting to know that a baby born even at 32 or 33 weeks will be fine. They just have a little catching up to do. We're starting to work on his room tomorrow. Yay! I'm excited!! :)

No comments: