"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The next most common question...

What are you going to name him or her??? Some people keep it a secret. I've never felt like our names need to be kept top secret. I'm not really afraid of people "stealing" our name. So here it goes. There's somewhat of a story behind the boy name, but not for our girl name...

Boy: Josiah (Edward as a middle name. It's sort of up for debate still). Here's the story: We were dating. Knew we were headed towards marriage. One date night at my apartment we were talking about baby names. Eddie said, "Ive had my boy named picked out since I was 16." I said, "Funny. I've had my boy name picked out since I was 20." Long, story made short is it was the same name, and we basically had the same method for coming up with it. He was 16, and I was 20- but we had both been reading through I and II Kings, and fell in love with Josiah and His heart for God. Each of us decided, "If or when I have a son someday, that will be his name." Weird. I wondered, "does that mean we're destined to have a son someday??" It sort of seems like it. We'll see I guess.

Girl: Rebecca Love. I chose Rebecca years ago. I think when I was in High-School. Eddie likes it. It just so happens to be that everyone I meet named Rebecca is fabulous too. :) I picked Rebecca Faith. Eddie said no- if we have a girl someday her name will be Rebecca Love. I liked it. End of story :)

1 comment:

Bekyb said...

I think they are both beautiful names. (can you say a boys name is beautiful or would handsome be better?) Anyways... thanks for sharing - I love these little peeks into your life. I really do wish we could spend more time with you guys. We think you are awesome and wonderfully used by God!