"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

Friday, February 12, 2010

Appointment # 2: Week 13, Feb 1st

I have to admit, I always thought when I was pregnant again, I'd be afraid of this appointment. I wasn't nervous at my 7 week appointment. My baby had a beating heart last time at 7 weeks, 8 weeks, 9 weeks. It wasn't until our baby was almost 10 complete weeks his little heart stopped beating. It's hard to explain. Even though I was excited I couldn't picture anything except looking at a screen and seeing a perfect little image light up that wasn't moving. One thing I prayed numerous times is that God would help me to be me at this appointment. Normal Cheryl would cry at the sound of her baby's heartbeat, but I was afraid I'd feel numb. I was afraid I wouldn't let myself be vulnerable again. So my prayer has been, "Help me to be Normal Cheryl. Help me to feel again without fear." The appointment was sweet. I felt relaxed. I tried to eat before I went so baby would by hyped up on carbs or sugar or something and dance around. Baby decided to be him or herself and make mommy throw up everything she had eaten on the way to the appointment though. We did get a good wave from baby, but missed it on the video. Here's a couple of fun videos :)

No comments: