"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Quality Time with Vanessa




My love tank is so full!!! I've had great quality time with people I love this week. Helen Monday. Helped a friend get a little more settled into her new house this morning, and hung out with Vanessa all afternoon. I drove away smiling thinking, "I am blessed". Vanessa had the sweet idea of baking our neighbors cookies for Christmas. It was really fun and yummy. Really, all I did was the chocolate chip ones-she did the rest. Another great day for heart to heart connecting. Yay! :) And of course it was fun to get to snuggle baby Ella. Girl day. :)

Random Facts about My Friendship with Vanessa:
- We met Sept 2002 in Anatomy 2A at RCC. Either her or I said "Hi, do you want to be my lab partner?" We sort of knew who the other was through mutual friends prior to running in to each other in class.
- We both were trying to figure out if nursing was what we wanted to do or should do. In the end we did both become nurses. Now we can talk nurse jargon together :)
- I love her laugh. It's distinct, but not annoyingly distinct. Cute distinct. I also love her hugs (Not everyone knows how to hug well!)
- I've known her husband Matt since Junior High
- I think she has a really discerning spirit when it comes to many spiritual matters. One personal example is the fact that she will call me after not connecting for awhile and say, " I've been praying for you. What's going on?" Sounds pretty basic. But every time I'm like, "what the heck?? How did you know?? Or really- how do you always know??" It's a God gift and I'm really thankful for it.
- She's another friend that has walked through some of my greatest joys and greatest sorrows. I'm sure life will bring us many more. It's comforting to know you have friends that will celebrate and mourn with you. It helps me know I can get through whatever comes my way!! :)
- These are words I think describe her: reliable, honest, generous, humble, trustworthy, good listener
- I stood by her side on her wedding day and she stood by mine.

No comments: