"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Oak Glen with the Girls





Emma, Amanda, Danielle. These are awesome young women. I love these girls and I love working in youth ministry. Sometimes I wonder if I'll do something else someday, but this is what keeps me coming back!!! I love spending time with them, laughing with them, sharing life with them- seeing them grow to understand and love God in new ways. Teenage years are so important. Teenagers make decisions that shape the rest of their life. I learned God wanted all of me, not half, or part when I was 16-maybe that's why I'm still in love with youth ministry.
Found out a few weeks ago I'd have a Saturday off in April, so we planned a trip to good ol' apple town. It was fun. We pet random animals. Eddie pretended to be a peacock and challenged another male peacock because he wanted to see him spread his feathers- and it worked. Wish I had a picture of that moment...or a video. Ate at Apple Annie's- yummy. Talked a whole lot the last two weeks about eating apple pie, but none of us ate pie. Just Hot Chocolate. mmmmm :) My highlight, besides the obvious (Quality Time)- Petting the baby goats :)

2 comments:

Holly Brim said...

Beautiful young women... it's been like, what, 4 years?

Cheryl said...

I know Holly!! Don't they get prettier and prettier?? We'll have to start interviewing potential future boyfriends soon I'm sure :)