"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sick of being sick

Why not blog about being sick? I mean, what else is there to do when you are really down and out? (And it's Sunday-there's nothing good on TV). My sick routine always includes watching The Price is Right at 10:00. But not today. It's Sunday. So, Eddie and I had a great time in Georgia with our family and in New York. Went to Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Time Square, Serendipity, The American Museum of Natural History, Ground Zero, lots of good food places. Thursday the flu hit me hard. Canceled our plans to head to The Statue of Liberty. Flew standby on Friday to get me home earlier. Could hardly move yesterday. I have never had such a bad cough that it literally brings me to my knees. My whole body hurts. I don't even remember the last time I was sick and really had a fever. Yesterday, 101.6 baby. Seriously, I feel helpless and again am thankful I married the most amazing man in the world. This morning I started to faint in the shower. Dove to the tile floor of our bathroom just before I blacked out. I know, it's a wonderful time we're having here in the Culin house. :) It was a pretty pitiful, but loving picture. Eddie dried me off, helped dress me, and put me back to bed. Yesterday he bought me jello, juice, drugs, and made me my mom's Chicken Soup. Hoping to feel better soon and get to posting pictures from our trip.

3 comments:

Lindy PRD said...

Wow. Being sick is so lame, but it is nice to have a husband who takes good care of you! How nice that he made you chicken soup :) I will pray you feel better soon.

Daniel Balboa said...

Sorry to hear it Cheryl. Get well. We love you and are rootin' 4 ya!

Holly Brim said...

Ack! You fainted!