"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

Sunday, November 29, 2009

New York: Highlights


Going to ground zero was at the top of my list of things I felt like we had to do while we were in New York. It just felt wrong to me not to go. It is basically a construction zone right now. The other picture is what it will look like when it is done. Two pools where the towers used to be and Oak trees surrounding. It will open/be dedicated Sept 11th, 2011. It was sad of course, but I'm glad we went.



Went to see Wicked on Broadway. It was amazing. Almost as amazing as Central Park. Eddie looking very cute for our date day/night. We ended up changing out of our nice clothes and going to a Southern BBQ place. It was really good. I have never tasted such good Mac and Cheese in my life. That's Eddie and my idea of fine dining I guess...Mac and Cheese :)


Rockefeller Center



I guess going to Serendipity and getting frozen hot chocolate is just something you're supposed to do when you go to New York. It was a fun experience. I never thought to look at the price. We just ordered. 10$ for one. That's a lot of money for a beverage! If I knew how big they were we would have shared. Yummy, but slightly over-rated in my opinion.






Central Park turned out to be my favorite thing I saw in New York. It was more beautiful than anything I expected and way more gigantic than I ever knew.






The American Museum of Natural History. Dinosaurs here we come!!! We also discovered our weight on the moon. Feeling fat? Just weight yourself in moon pounds.



The beginning: Eddie and I missed our flight to New York. We were supposed to have a lay over in South Carolina. Took the next available flight, so our layover was in Philadelphia. Couldn't go to Philadelphia and not have a Phillie Cheese Steak sandwich. That would just be wrong...

No comments: