"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Telling Daddy


I thought I was so crafty. My plan had always been: Find out you're pregnant, make dinner: baby back ribs, baby peas, baby this, baby that, throw baby in front of everything on the menu and see how long it takes Eddie to catch on. Well, seeing that my hubby would be home from worship practice in an hour and I wasn't about to keep it a secret, I needed a new (and quick) game plan.
New plan: Get back in the car and drive back over to Tyler Mall area. Barnes and Noble. Brilliant. So I bought Eddie the book on the right , and what the heck, I grabbed one for myself too :). I had his book wrapped. He got home from practice and I told him that I had bought him a present, a book that made me think of him. This wasn't strange at all b/c we buy each other little random things often. Wish I had the moment on video. Before he opened the present he told me how much he loves me, how happy he is I'm his wife, how wonderful I am for thinking of him and out of the blue just buying him a present (his love language- can you guess it?) I'm thinking, "Amazing. This moment is so perfect." The unwrapping begins. And it didn't take my smart husband very long. He looked up at me and said, " Oh my gosh, are you serious??!!!" Yup. I smiled w/ my little confirmation object (See previous post) :) Then he pretty much tackled me with kissess and happiness. And of course had to throw something in like, "Wow, I'm pretty potent aren't I?" Yes honey-very potent.

2 comments:

Alyssa Culin said...

Well Done cheryl!!! I wish my story was as sweet as yours! (crying over a pee stick, not quite how I wanted to remember it). Can't wait for the blogs to come.

Sarah said...

How cute Cheryl!